It is currently Wednesday 18. October 2017, 11:00

Real Life Screenshot Marathon - Final Round

Re: Real Life Screenshot Marathon - Final Round

Postby Semantik » Monday 20. August 2012, 20:02

Due to the fact that you mentioned creativity at first i thought that this would be the most important, thats why i focused on it the most. In my years on my way to become media designer we had a lot of discussions on what is creative and what is not, so i guess my point of vew what is more creative is a different. We, the hole class, had to judge on each others works and we all had most of the time, in the end of our education, the same opinion - together with our teachers. So its something that can be learned imo and its not only an opinion. Maybe for the next time it would be cool to have a more clear list on what will be judged (like you know how much is the difference between a vocabulary test in english at school or a test for your final grade)
But in the end i feel approved in my opinion by the others that participated in this event ;) (even i wasnt that sure if i would win or not ^^)

But in the end the ranking is not the most important about this event,(to be hontest: even i was very sad when i read it at first too) This event was great and i hope for a next one <3 thank you very much for it
Semantik
Drops

Postby Pyuma » Tuesday 21. August 2012, 15:23

Once again: Just because I'm mentioning something first in a sentence, it doesn't mean that it's more important.

Now well, it's true that it's not only an opinion, but you have to agree that it's wrong to assume that all 4 jury members learned about the meaning of creativity. But even so it was more than just an opinion, I can say that because we all had similar rankings.

But I have a question... we're talking about creativity, are we talking about your homunculus then (since it was the most creative work made by you)? I think so, please correct me if I'm wrong. But if we're talking about your homunculus, then I don't really understand why you're questioning our view? Your homunculus was on the 2nd place. It's on the 2nd place because of the creativity. True, if you'd have been on the first place, then you'd have traded places with Kyomii. Do you want to know why Kyomii's work is first? Well I can't speak for all jury members, but I can think that they rated her work better than yours for the same reason. There were 3 things we had to rate... your work won the creativity part, her work the recognition part, the difficulty part was pretty difficult to rate, but in the end her work got more points, but yes it was very hard to decide.

Please don't be too disappointed. I understand your emotions but as I said already: There had to be a ranking.

I'm happy that you enjoyed the event. Thank you all for your feedback (for those questions as well, I'm someone who's grateful for all the feedback).
Pyuma
Leader

Postby Semantik » Monday 27. August 2012, 19:12

Sorry for the late reply, i had to do a lot of overtime at work lately.

I know that you already said that, but i does not change the fact that i THOUGHT it would be like that, thats why i mentioned a more clear information about what is more important would be nice for a next round.

yes my Homu is on the second place which is already good, but to be honest i thought it would be first, no doubt the other works where really great too! Making the pudding really was hard. Try to find a way to make the pudding looking like that and you will see. Fusing 2 puddings into each other without making them blend into each other ...
Guess i was to lovy-dovy with my pudding because it was hard and it went out so cute. I got a lot of feedback to the pudding by friends and all went like "omg its awesuwm Q_Q" Because of all that feedback i was really sad that it did not make it to the top.

I am glad that you understand my feedback. I dont want to critique to much because the event was awesome and i am sure you understand what i mean
Semantik
Drops

Postby Pyuma » Monday 27. August 2012, 19:23

Yes, I understand what you mean.
btw your homunuclus was awesome, that's my opinion as well, but sadly it wasn't able to be first for everything we had to rate.

Thank you very much for your feedback.
Pyuma
Leader

Previous